Required training for processing diisocyanates
A secure future for polyurethane products: Starting 24 August 2023, appropriate training must be provided before the industrial or commercial use of PU foams. Together with members from the Association of European Adhesive and Sealant Industry (FEICA), we are committed to the safe use of PU foams.
Online training offer
The following link will take you to the training concept for the implementation of the required training, which the Association of European Adhesive and Sealant Industry FEICA provides.
To benefit from free lessons, use the OTTO Code FEICA_21_N7 or FEICA_21_N12.
Appropriate training for construction customers Appropriate training for industrial customers
REACH decision of 04 August 2020
On 04 August 2020, a new restrictive regulation for diisocyanates with a residual monomer content of > 0.1% was adopted. The goal is to prevent possible skin and respiratory sensitisation caused by diisocyanates by means of safety trainings. You can find more information here.
What does this mean for you and your employees?
- Training on the safe handling of diisocyanate-containing products for your employees by 24 August 2023
- Specialist dealer: Passing on information to fabricators of PU products concerned
- Fabricators: Must be trained by the employer.
- Training via trained personnel or online via FEICA
- Training must be repeated every 5 years
- Training for all commercial and industrial users of products with a total concentration of monomer diisocyanate of > 0.1%
- Documented proof of participation in a training, including successfully completion, is mandatory
- There is no proof of training obligation when buying or selling the products
Further information can also be found in our flyer.